On Sunday me and my family went to the Knitting and Stitching Fair at Harrogate’s International Centre. I read about it in an issue of CrossStitcher a couple of months ago and have been looking forward to it since. It did not disappoint. As well being a source for some interesting bits and pieces to buy it was also a place to gather inspiration for future projects. Here is what I bought:
- Fancy Blackwork Flower (tulip) from The Cross Stitch Guild. The Cross Stitch Guild had a stall at the fair and had some prettiest cross stitch designs going. One of the projects was an Antique Map of the World which I definitely want to buy some day as, although an antique-style design, I think it would look perfect in a modern house.
- Chick Chick Chicken counted cross stitch from the Historical Sampler Company which also had some brilliant patterns and examples of finished pieces that would look great around the house.
- A little owl. Me and my sister both bought one and we plan on decorating (or decoupaging?) them with old copies of Style magazine.
- A bundle of material; polka dot print, eiffel tower print and plain purple. The stall I bought the bundle from (which, unfortunately, I can’t remain the name of) was decorated with bunting so I am planning to make my own. I have wanted to decorate my room with bunting for a while so I thought what better way to do that than by making my own, hopefully I will get around to doing it…
- Some ribbon for my Christmas hampers.
- 1/2 metre of 14 count aida.